Weekend Antelope Roast

Weekend Antelope Roast

I am not going into great detail about what roasts mean to me, how I harvested the meat and gathered the vegetables because, let's face it, get to the recipe already food bloggers. I call it a weekend roast because I usually start it on a Friday night and then we eat it for supper on Saturday. 

This roast is from the antelope that I shot on October 3, 2020 in Haakon County, SD. He was shot with my Savage Arms110 Ultralite 6.5 PRC. 




Ingredients:

Salt and Pepper
One 3 to 5 pound antelope roast 
1 whole onion, peeled and halved 
8 whole carrots, peeled and cubed
5-10 small potatoes cubed
3 cups of beef broth 
2 sprigs of fresh rosemary  

1. Turn your crockpot to the "low" setting depending on the crockpot. Even our lowest setting makes the broth boiling lava hot...

2. Place the onions, carrots and potatoes into the crockpot.
The carrots from the garden are the rainbow variety. In the photo of the finished product you can see how dark the juice is. This is due to the purple carrots losing their color. They are sweet and delicious! 

3. Pour broth on top. 

4. Salt and pepper the roast. Sprinkle rosemary throughout the crockpot. 



5. Cook on low for 20-ish hours. Turn to warm if it is done to your liking earlier. 



Bon Appetit! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

RIACT Like Never Before

Everything Venison Chili