As hunting season fast approaches, I wanted to take a moment to write product review. I have worked with Bushnell Optics for just over a year. Ben and I are very particular about optics, and when I told him I had joined forces with Bushnell he was a bit hesitant. After demonstrating the uses of their new lines, I think it is safe to say he was impressed. 

When discussing optics there are many companies on the market. I can admit it is hard especially for a beginner. I will only touch on rangefinders in this blog due to the amount of information of the other products, that would be best served in a different blog. 

Recently I acquired the Bushnell Prime 1300 Laser Rangefinder. It features an all glass optical system and improved LCD display. This results in a brighter viewing experience that is crucial in low-light conditions. I can see animals up until the end of shooting light to provide an accurate range whereas before I could only range until 10-20 minutes before shooting light ended. It provides a true color and bright display that looks like what you are seeing with the naked eye-no darkened or hazy images.  

With a price point starting at $169.99 it is an affordable option that will get the job done for most hunters. If you are just starting out or strictly an archery hunter, the Prime 1300 will be your best option for shorter range shots.

How does this compare to other brands on the market? I did a comparison featured roughly a year ago on my Instagram @sallie_doty between the Bushnell Prime 1300 and the Vortex Impact 1000. Both are the two companies’ lowest end rangefinders. I understand that the Impact 1000 is only rated out to 1000 yards, but both did do a great job ranging at the yards I tested. The difference was going back to clarity. With the Prime 1300 being brighter I was able to range a mule deer target until the end of shooting light. Whereas the Impact faded a solid 10 minutes before shooting light ended.

As far as price point, the Impact comes in at $269.99 or $100 more than the Prime 1300. With the shortened range and darker images during low light, we prefer to use Bushnell. This is due to the larger Objective lens paired with an all glass optical system allowing more light to your eye. If you struggle during low light conditions through optics like I do, then this rangefinder is a must have.

If you are in need of a new rangefinder this year and do not want to break the bank I believe that the Bushnell Prime 1300 is the best bang for your buck. For $169.99 you get an affordable piece of equipment that will provide a brightened and clear image throughout your entire hunt.

Happy Hunting, and Happy Shopping!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Everything Venison Chili

RIACT Like Never Before

Weekend Antelope Roast