RIACT Like Never Before


Since my early competitive trap shooting days I shot with regular sunglasses. I put money into my gun and other equipment but didn't think I needed to do anything special for my eyes. I was wrong, and through word of mouth and reviews online I discovered RE Ranger. 

My first order was for 6 separate lenses and the Falcon Pro frames. I ended up with the size small since I have a small framed face. My first round of trap was a 23. I liked the way the frames felt, and how I could change out the lenses easily. 

This year RE Ranger developed a new series of lenses after years of testing and expertise. The RIACT A.I. uses the latest technology to give the shooter an experience unlike any other. Some of the new features include:

1. Trudepth-Enhanced depth perception separates the target from the background. 

2. Color Boost-Precious metals boost target colors to enhance focus in shooter's field of view. 

3. In Balance- A more balanced and natural field of vision from less color saturation. 

4. Vizn Shift- Shift lens brightness during low light conditions, making it easier to see the target. 

5. Quick Trak-Allows shooters to track the target much quicker for a faster reaction time. 

I wanted to offer insight and my experience with all 5 of these features mentioned above. 

Trudepth- I noticed as I put the glasses on to look at practice targets that anything orange was enhanced in color. The orange color was unlike any other. It was fluorescent.  

Color Boost-The metals in the lenses enhance the color of the targets as mentioned above, but also helped for me to see definite edges of the clay. It appeared that the orange stood out and the rest of the greens/browns in the background were muted. 

In Balance-The background of the clays was natural looking, but was also on the opposite side of the color spectrum of the clays making the targets defined. 

Vizn Shift- For this I had to look up more about the Perkinje Effect. According to Wikipedia the Perkinje Effect "is the tendency for the peak luminance sensitivity of the eye to shift toward the blue end of the color spectrum at low lumination levels as part of dark adaption, In consequence, reds will appear darker relative to other colors as light levels decrease." I had the opportunity to test the low light lenses a few weeks ago on a dove hunt. Towards the end of the night I did notice that it was easier to pick up on the shape of the doves than without the lenses. 

Quick Trak-During my trap shooting, I observed that the target's had a defined edge (if a circle can have an edge-those who shoot know what I mean). This helped me pick up on the clay faster than I normally do. It also made me feel like I had more time to take the shot and slowed down my trap game. 

The lenses come in three different colors, low light, mid-light and bright light. For the majority of my shooting I use the bright light lenses in South Dakota. I am excited to try out all three lenses as my hunting and shooting season progresses. RE Ranger sells the lenses individually or in a three pack. Click here to see all of the options. You save quite a bit of money with the 3 pack, and I think that it is necessary to have all three of the lenses. 

If you want to take your shooting to the next level, don't skimp on eyewear. Check out RE Ranger and all the lenses/frames they have in stock. They have lenses available that can fit both men's and women's faces. While you are there, make sure to check out more information about the new RIACT AI lenses and happy shooting!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Everything Venison Chili

Weekend Antelope Roast